My animation's previz: Concept, Inspiration & Sketches

Hi all! Salut!

Today I will be sharing my animation project process, which is the early process of my animation project. In this animation project, I was given a task to create an animated short film titled "A Day in My Life".

The main concept idea of my animation is to share my daily lives activities from the time I wake up till I get back to sleep. Since it is an animation film, so I will be including a real situation of what happen to me in my daily life, but some part of the character I create will be a little bit in a non-logic expression with an extra exaggerating movement. Moreover, I want to capture the audience's attention and hope they will find my animation film entertaining and not boring.   

I have been gathering many inspirations from all the past animation, YouTube videos I had watch, scrolling through internet to find images that are related to the animation title and scene I will be using in my animation. 

So, below are some of my sketches and brainstorming process for my animation short film.


Above picture is how I start my brainstorming idea, where I need to flash back my basic daily routine (I believe most of the time) from the early morning to my bedtime. I also take note to remind myself that animation need 24 frames for every second.




Whereas above pictures are my sketches base from my brainstorming idea. All these sketches, I'm planning to illustrate it using Adobe Illustrator. I will be adding more specific details, background and colours.


In addition, this picture is showing how I imagine my animation camera movements and where I will put my focus on in certain frame, so that it will be easy for me to illustrate my animation frame by frame.

Since I will be creating a 2D animation, I am planning on using Adobe Illustrator to illustrate my characters, objects, adding colours and all scenic surroundings needed for my animation scenes. I also will be using Adobe After Effects for my animation.

I also would like to share my storyboard and my script for voice over scene with you all. But that will be in my next future post, well, see you all again in the next post. Au revoir!

Love, Peach💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Principles of Animation

Test Animation